|Image source: www.anticadelizia.it|
Creativity In Cuisine
Tuscany is well known for its delicious food. Not only are there thousands or traditional restaurants to choose from but there are also opportunities to get involved in the making of the foods that Tuscany is famous for-
· Making Cheese In Pienza- Pienza is famous for its strong Pecorino cheese. Visit the Cugusi dairy here to see how the cheese is made. It’s a great opportunity for the children to learn the process. They can also see the sheep and feed them whist on the tour. There is also the opportunity to taste the cheeses and buy some to take home.
· Make Ice Cream In Castellina- Delicious traditional ice cream is sold at the Antica Delizia ice cream parlour in Castellina. Here the chef Simone welcomes people into his kitchen to learn how to make (and taste) the ice creams.
· Make Traditional Dishes In Chianti- Tosca Mia cookery school offers family classes in whipping up traditional Italian dishes. The cookery school even has specially made low tables so children can get really involved. At the end of the class you are welcome to tuck into your dishes. It’s always a winner with children as they look so pleased as they eat the meals they made themselves.
Whilst in Tuscany when the weather is good you’ll almost always want to spend all of your time outside. Here are some great outdoors activities for adults and children-
· Spa And Golf Centre In Saturnia- Enjoy massages and pampering while your children swim in the outdoor heated pool and play in the waterfall here. This is a great opportunity for the children to have some fun splashing around while you get some well deserved time to relax.
· Pinocchio Park In Collodi- This park is themed around the famous story of Pinocchio. The park consists of beautiful gardens and an amusement park with games and rides for the children. There are also puppet making classes and puppet shows so there is plenty to get involved in.
· Prehistoric Park In Peccioli- This amazing park consists of huge models of dinosaurs, cavemen and volcano’s. It’s always a winner with young children and makes for a great day out.